Many of you smart, savvy people have an abundance of ideas swirling around your heads; in most cases, they continue to whoosh around, even though you know a book is a valuable tool that can give you credibility, and open doors for your business.
Selecting what content to use in your writing can be found in places you may not have thought of. Here are ten areas where you can find content to get you started.
- Life/work experiences.
- Activities you were/are involved in.
- Events you were/are exposed to.
- People you meet or have met.
- Concerts, plays, movies etc.
- States, provinces, cities, villages, towns, countries where you’ve lived or travelled, to name a few.
- Your educational background, whether from the pre-school playground, high school, college, workshops, seminars, webinars, vocational courses, Self-Help and How To books, or the streets.
- Interview people one-on-one to draw from their experiences.
- Observational research
- Join a martial arts class, a yoga class, writing or reading group, forums etc.
As you can see, through your experiences, your life is full of content that you can use to your advantage. You have enormous life experiences at your fingertips that are a treasure trove of content. Your stored knowledge is your gold mine.
Observe and use past and present experiences, and you will have more than enough information to use in your writing. Further, be open minded and curious and you will see things others may not.
Of course, there will be times when you feel stuck, uncertain, or intimidated – don’t stay in that mode, Boost your writing with my easy online e-course: This entire step-by-step e-course will teach you in ten weeks, the elements you need to incorporate in your writing to make your words command attention, and it’s all laid out ‘In Layman Terms’™!
Click here to learn more.
Write It, Work It, Publish It!
© 2011 Cherry-Ann Carew
WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE, NEWSLETTER, MAGAZINE, BLOG OR WEBSITE? Please do, but ensure you include this complete resource box:
Cherry-Ann Carew, The Power Writing Coach, Editor, and Founder of Writetastic Solutions, is co-author of the bestselling book, ‘How The Fierce Handle Fear, Secrets To Succeeding In Challenging Times, co-author of the upcoming book, “The Power Of 100 – 100 International Women Share Powerful Stories On How To Stay Focused On Your Dreams,” and author of the upcoming novel, “Whisper Of Lies”. Cherry-Ann helps writers with their creative expression to add value to their books. Learn how her coaching and editing services can help you with your book. Subscribe for your FREE SPECIAL REPORT: Discover The 3 Simple Steps That Will Help You Start And Finish Your Book. Yes, you can have a finished draft in no time!