You might have guessed that after my hop-off-the-chair idea I told you about yesterday—okay, I didn’t tell you the idea, I said I had an idea—my creative juices were flowing, and I did return home and commence some typing right into the wee hours of the morning.
I had to back-track to the middle of the beginning because the ‘wicked’ scheme changed the dynamics of the previous thought, hence I had to do some reshuffling and reshaping to the work I already did. I had to. Experience tells me that if I don’t right the wrong in the beginning, it’ll rattle my brain when I get to the middle of the book.
Once sorted, I continued this evening and, I do believe the beginning’s ground work is in place. I’ve presented the main characters, their attributes, motivations, behaviours, reactions, flaws etc. The backstory, plot conflict has been introduced creating stakes that will dominate the story through each chapter. I’ve hinted at looming conflicts. The story goal is in place.
First part of the book’s mission semi-accomplished. G’nite.